- PRESIDENT: Craig T. Fifer, Deputy Communications Director, City of Alexandria
- VICE PRESIDENT: Dick Hammerstrom, local news editor, Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star
- SECRETARY: Olga Hernandez, former president of League of Women Voters, Centreville
- TREASURER: Paul Casalaspi, Director, Information Technology, Library of Virginia
- IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT: Dorothy Abernathy, chief of bureau, The Associated Press
- Mark Caramanica, FOI Director, Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
- Bob Gibson, director, The Sorensen Institute
- Mark Grunewald, professor of law, Washington & Lee University
- Wat Hopkins, professor, communications studies, Va. Tech
- Forrest M. "Frosty" Landon, Retired VCOG founding director
- Jeff Lester, News Editor, Coalfield Progress
- Del. Jim LeMunyon, Chantilly
- Pam Luecke, Reynolds Professor of Business Journalism, Washington & Lee
- Lawrence McConnell, Charlottesville; publisher, Daily Progress
- Thomas Moncure, Associate Vice President for University Counsel, George Mason University
- Patricia O'Bannon, Henrico County Board of Supervisors
- Melody Scalley, WESR Radio, Eastville
- Nancy Kent Smith, VP/News WWBT-TV
- Jeff South, Associate Professor, VCU School of Mass Communications
- Michael Stowe, The Roanoke Times
- EX OFFICIO MEMBER: Ginger Stanley, executive director, Virginia Press Association
- EX OFFICIO MEMBER: Doug Easter, executive director, Virginia Association of Broadcasters
- COUNSEL: Joseph P. Smith III, Vienna
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Megan Rhyne, Williamsburg
Making Your FOIA Life Easier
A seminar for state and local records managers at the Library of Virginia
800 E. Broad St., Richmond
Thursday, May 30, 2013
9:00 - 12:00
Click here for a paper registration form OR
(note: you do NOT need a PayPal account to use the PayPal payment page)
About the FOI Blog
Check out our blog for updates on VCOG's work, upcoming events, news and commentary.
Show most recent blog posts
List/search blog posts
FOIA Council Subcommittee on Rights & Responsibilities
FOIA Council Subcommittee on Electronic Meetings
Making Your FOIA Life Easier - a records management seminar
How Many Clicks?
VCOG surveyed all 134 Virginia counties and independent cities and asked,
"How many clicks does it take to get to your local budget?"
Now, click the owl and find out how YOUR locality ranked.
Drive your open government pride
Show your FOIA pride!
Get the new FOIA car magnet.